Mon, 11 Dec|
Swinburne Innovation Hub ( Fire Station)
Surface Manufacturing CRC Workshop
Surface Engineering and Manufacturing optimize material properties, customise products, enhancing their longevity and performance. Join us in our Surface Manufacturing CRC bid to shape the future of sustainable and competitive manufacturing in Australia.
Time & Location
11 Dec 2023, 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm AEDT
Swinburne Innovation Hub ( Fire Station), Room : FS103, 68 William St, Hawthorn VIC 3122 (Enter from McLeod Lane)
About the event
Equipment failures are a common occurrence at the surface, particularly in challenging environments where materials are pushed to their failure points. Developing know-how, products and processes that can improve the service life of components is vital to improving productivity. This can be achieved through enhancing the surface – through methods like claddings, heat treatments, coatings, and more.
Event Overview:This collaborative event, hosted by Swinburne University and UniSA, is dedicated to exploring the transformative potentials of Surface Manufacturing in enhancing industrial productivity and customization. The aim of the workshop is to bring together academia and industry to discuss challenges and opportunities in this space.
Speakers: Dr Andrew Ang, Prof. Colin Hall
- Introduction to Surface Manufacturing: An introduction of Surface Manufacturing.
- Advancing Surface Customization: Exploring the innovative ways Surface Manufacturing enables bespoke and tailored surface properties for diverse applications.
- Latest Research Insights: Prof. Hall will shed light on the cutting-edge research and recent breakthroughs in Surface Manufacturing.
- Future Research Challenges: A foresight into the research problems the industry is set to face over the next 5-10 years, particularly focusing on productivity and customization aspects.
- Joint Research Scoping with Industry: An interactive segment for attendees to engage in defining future research collaborations, focusing on productivity enhancement and surface customization solutions.
- Industry professionals in manufacturing and production
- Academic researchers and scholars in manufacturing technologies
- Students with a focus on industrial innovation
- Decision-makers and policy influencers in the Advanced manufacturing sector
- Join us for workshop and find out how you can be part of a bid to unlock the potential of collaborative research and innovation in Surface processing and Engineering. The workshop will end with networking drinks and nibbles @ Hawthorn Hotel - 481 Burwood Road.
- Ticket type
Surface Manufacturing CRC Bid
Surface Engineering and Manufacturing optimize material properties, customise products, enhancing their longevity and performance. For SMEs, it's a gateway to innovation, reducing costs and fostering global competitiveness by delivering superior and tailored solutions. Join us in our Surface Manufacturing CRC bid to shape the future of sustainable and competitive manufacturing in Australia.Price$0.00